New Zealand Medical Professionals Limited (NZMP)
Enabling New Zealand medical practitioners to practice and excel in medicine free from the fear of risk.
NZMP started at the request of the New Zealand Resident Doctors Association to provide medical malpractice and liability cover to its members from a New Zealand owned and operated company.
On 9 December 1999, we were incorporated to underwrite professional indemnity insurance for New Zealand medical and health workers.
– 100% New Zealand owned and operated.
– Affiliated with the New Zealand Resident Doctors Association.
– Provides guaranteed insurance cover.
– Provides expert medico-legal advice to health practitioners.
– Provides fast online cover.
– Currently insures over 3,500 health practitioners.
– Has assisted health practitioners in over 4,000 claims.
– Has paid over $3.5 million on assisting health practitioners resolve claims.
Medical indemnity insurance at NZMP
We currently underwrite the following lines of insurance for registered medical professionals who hold a New Zealand practising certificate and are practising in New Zealand:
We provide two policies for medical practitioners, which cover medical malpractice indemnity, legal and disciplinary defence and loss of earning where the practitioner is required to attend any actions or inquires brought against them:
i) Resident Medical Officers (RMO) Scheme.
ii) Senior Medical Officers (SMO) Scheme.
The Health Professionals Insurance Plan is available to all other health professionals (excluding nurses and midwives). The policy covers medical malpractice, legal and disciplinary defence costs, loss of earning during hearings or inquires, trade, professional or business equipment.